The International WalRights Initiative e. V. (IWI) is a registered and charitable organisation in Germany.
The charity works towards a world in which human rights education is a general part of kindergarten and school life and education - as well as in society. The focus of our work is to empower children and youth.
IWI focuses on human rights education for all people, regardless of age, gender, nationality, etc. Each and every person has each human right.
However, having rights also means that you have a responsibility towards all other people to respect their rights as well. Yes, also your friends but also complete strangers around you. You cannot ask for the right to freely speak up without respecting others to have an own opinion and speak up by themselves.
This website has the following areas:
- WalRights - Project
- All the various projects IWI offers
- Human Rights Articles
- Human Rights Articles written in a child friendly way so that everyone can understand them.
- Human Rights related Issues
- We are presenting various different human rights topics, written like an essay for visitors to read - such as street children, mental health, refugees, etc.
- About Us
- Who are we? What are we doing? What is our vision?
If you have a question or you’d want to talk about an important issue please feel free to contact us.
We're looking forward to getting in touch with you
Dominic Sean Martin Heine